Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wannabe A Writer We've Heard Of?


Yes, I do! So how do I go about it?

Jane Wenham-Jones is a columnist on Booktime magazine, which is free in all independent bookshops. On Tuesday 1 March at 3 o'clock Jane will be giving a talk in Paignton Library on how to make it in this most challenging of professions. She's a brilliant speaker, and I'm sure her listeners will learn a lot. I'm going along, anyway.

Tickets for this talk cost £3 and are available from the Torbay Bookshop, Paignton Library, or at the door on the day of the talk. If you can't get into Paignton to buy a ticket in advance, it might be wise to ring either the bookshop or the library to check there are tickets still available, and/or to reserve yours.

Jane is a published novelist herself, her how-to books are bestsellers, and she has a hot-shot agent AKA The Fearsome One, so she's definitely in the loop. Anyone who wants to be in the loop with Jane needs to go along and listen to what she has to say.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wannabe-Writer-Weve-Heard-Wenham-Jones/dp/1906373973/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298207736&sr=1-1

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could go but I'm a long way from Paignton. It's just the thing I need to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too - I'm going to take notes, and buy the book!

    ReplyDelete