Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

RNA - Exeter Chapter


Even the horrid headwear didn't weaken the Reverend Austen's resolve...

I had a good time at the local RNA chapter in Exeter today.

We discussed - among other things - the fecundity of Jane Austen's mother. Shame on the Reverend Austen, why couldn't he leave the poor woman alone? Oh, but - if he had left her alone - we probably wouldn't have had Jane, would we?

Obviously, God moves in a mysterious way.

If I'd been organising things, however, Mrs A could have had Jane first, then a couple of those admirals and whatnot, but she needn't have had all eight. She clearly did her best to put the Reverend Austen off by wearing a sort of hideous shower cap with a matching chin strap, as the silhouette above reveals. It equally clearly didn't work.

If there's anyone out there who would like to join the Exeter Chapter, please get in touch with me and I'll give you more information. We meet for an informal lunch in Exeter once a month, and you don't absolutely have to be a member of the RNA, provided you're writing romantic or relationship fiction of some kind.

2 comments:

  1. It's such a shame I don't live down Exeter way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Margaret, I learnt about RNA from Linda Mitchelmore. Unfortunately, I have theatre tickets for next Wednesday in Bath, and the third Wednesday in June will be the 19th which is the day when I have to pick up my Brasilien friend from the airport. However, I have put the dates for July and August firmly in my diary.
    I am not a member of the RNA but I have written the R.F.Delderfield biography BUTTERFLY MOMENTS, a novel, THE GREEN SARI about a young Western woman following the love of her life to Bangladesh, trying to adjust to life far from everything she has ever known, and my latest book out is a compilation of short stories, MIXED BLESSINGS AND OTHER LOVE STORIES.
    I like the idea of getting together with other (self-publishing) authors, exchange experiences and learn. I also love food, so lunch will be lovely.
    Enjoy the sunshine!
    Marion Lindsey-Noble, Exmoor

    ReplyDelete