Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Strictly fun - 1

A fortnight ago my lovely daughter rang to say she'd got two tickets for the first live show in the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, and would I like to go? Ooh, I said, you bet I would! So off we went to London to have a snoop around the BBC Television Centre and check out Studio One, which is a great big cavern full of lights, cameras, cranes, auto-cues, monitors - and of course a cast of glamorous people who didn't look as if they really belonged in this world.  They were far too gorgeous - sigh.

It took forever to be admitted to this electronic paradise. When we arrived we nearly fainted at the sight of the queue of people who'd got there before us. We didn't realise it was necessary to arrive at crack of dawn to be sure of gaining admittance. We joined the queue. It poured with rain. The BBC people with scanners and lists moved slowly towards us. The two people in front of us got the last two confirmed tickets, and DD2 and I became Standby 1 and Standby 2. 


But DD 2 prayed hard:

No comments:

Post a Comment