Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Book of the Month - August 2012

My book of the month for August has to be Sophie Duffy's wonderful second novel This Holey Life, which is a witty, warm-hearted and thought-provoking story about an ordinary but also extraordinary family.

This is what Sophie has to say about it:

"Vicky is a reluctant curate's wife, struggling to come to terms with her own bereavement and her husband's new-found faith. Then, one Boxing Day, a knock on the door brings her annoying big brother, his teenage son and a cello into her life, turning her world upside down."

She's too modest to add that it's also a charming and fascinating story, so I'll say it.

Sophie came to her Devon book launch yesterday wearing a special yellow dress which complements the book jacket, and she looked lovely, as I'm sure everyone who reads this post will agree!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment