Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Astonished by Rosie Thomas

I went to an RNA meeting yesterday, and heard a talk by Rosie Thomas, who has won the Romantic Novelists' Association's Major Award twice. So I was already impressed - but wow, what a lady!

My most recent novels are set in Dorset, and to research them I went to - er - Dorset. But Rosie's novels are set in places like Everest (so to research that one she went to Nepal and climbed Everest), in Antarctica (so she went to Antarctica for the summer and stayed with the Bulgarian contingent of the Antarctic Survey), and she's also written a travel book about doing the Peking - Paris vintage car rally (so she did the rally, of course).

The books in question are White, Sun at Midnight and Border Crossing. So that's my reading sorted for the next few weeks.

I was touched and humbled by Rosie's courage, determination and good humour, and I shall never complain about getting lost in Barnstaple again.

No comments:

Post a Comment