Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trade Winds

My September book of the month is Christina Courtenay's unusual and delightful historical romance, Trade Winds.

Set in the early years of the 18th century, this is the story of the Swedish East India Company's first trading expedition to China. The engaging Scottish hero and spirited Dutch heroine make a somewhat cynical marriage of convenience, but during the long voyage to China, and in their personal lives, things don't work out quite how they'd planned. So the reader gets a few surprises, too.

This novel offers the reader something he or she has probably never read about before (well, I didn't know anything about the Swedish East India Company's trade with China, anyway), and a great feelgood romance between two feisty, intelligent and totally captivating characters, whom I found completely believable. I was sorry to part with them and hope I will meet them again in a future story.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading it at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it - great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete