Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Autumn resolutions...

It's that time of year again, when the children go back to school and the adults breathe a big sigh of relief - unless of course they're schoolteachers, in which case they're probably sighing for other reasons.

If you're one of those people who have always meant to start writing a novel when you have time, do you have time now? Do you need a shove in the right direction? If so, maybe join a local authority writing class, take out a subscription to Writers News - see www.writersnews.co.uk - or find your local writing group and join it, or at least go on its waiting list.

2 comments:

  1. You're right, autumn is a good time to begin, or revisit projects - will be dusting off my own ms any time now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Margaret! It is possible to have children, even the really young one's, and write a novel. I have a 3 yr old who only goes to preschool for 3 hours a day (although when I first started she only went for 7.5 hours a week)and I have written my first draft of my first novel. It has taken me little over 6 months so far but I have done it. So I would definitely say to everyone out there reading this, you can do it! It may take a little longer than others who have 7/8 hours a day to do it, but it is possible so if it's a dream of yours, then go for it!

    ReplyDelete