Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Well of Silence

Sometimes, a novelist's life is not a particularly glamorous one.

Yes, we spend most of our time at book launches and parties and gala lunches and book award ceremonies and hanging around the Groucho Club drinking martinis. I don't deny it.

But sometimes - just sometimes - we have to do some writing.

Then, worse - much worse than that - at some point we have to Do Our Edits.

I've yet to meet a novelist who enjoys doing edits. This is probably because they usually have to be done very quickly, and because our editors suddenly find things which are wrong, which we hadn't noticed, but which now have to be put right, and smartish, too.

I'm in Dreaded Edit Land right now, and finding all sorts of things which need changing. So I'm doing my best to crack on, stay cheerful, and meet my deadline.

I need a double gin.

No comments:

Post a Comment