Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Competitions

Over the years, I've been a reader or an administrator or an organiser or (once in a while) a final judge for many writing competitions, and I'm wondering what the best time to send in entries might be?

At the beginning, when the competition opens, so you get in first?

At the end, during the final mad rush?

At the half-way stage, when the entries are probably flowing in steadily, and the readers are busy but not overwhelmed?

There's a competition for stories suitable for radio starting again soon - entries are going to be accepted from spring onwards. See www.shortstoryradio.com for details, and it's free to enter if you join the Short Story Radio Writers' Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment