Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We have seen the future - and it's trailers...

These days, all writers need to know who their potential readers might be, or at least to hope they have some potential readers. A good way to find out is to generate your own publicity material, and one new method that's catching on fast is the publicity trailer, which might end up opening up a whole new raft (can you open a raft?) of opportunities for wannabe actors as well as established ones.

It's soon going to be imperative that all novelists know people who can make short films and get those short fims in front of potential readers via the web.

Gemma Burgess, a writer of women's fiction, has blogged about her experiences making a trailer on this link: bookbrunch.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5732&Itemid=117 and she tells me she's definitely going to make a trailer for her second novel, because since making her first trailer her sales have spiked rapidly.

So yes, good plan, might not be possible in all cases, though - my own new novel is set during WW1 and I'm not too confident about turning my back garden into a representation of the Western Front.

No comments:

Post a Comment