Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Monday, May 2, 2011

May Book of the Month - Jane Casey


Gosh, is it May already? Where has 2011 gone, or half gone? I'm a day late with my May book of the month posting - must have had a long sleep yesterday!

Anyway - Jane Casey's The Burning is a fantastic read. A crime novel which is the first in a series featuring DC Maeve Kerrigan, this novel is about a serial killer who is targeting young women in central London, and it's a race against time to catch him before he kills yet again. Maeve Kerrigan is the youngest, most inexperienced detective on the team, patronised and sidelined by the men, and often unsure of herself.

In the course of the novel, she grows in confidence and even gains the respect of some (if not all) of the men with whom she's working. I'm looking forward to reading the next novel in the series, entitled The Reckoning, and following Maeve's progress over the coming years.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't come across this book before, so thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good, Debs - the suspense is very cleverly built up, and the ending smacks you in the face. But in a good way :-)

    Jane will be a in a feature in Writing Magazine later this year.

    ReplyDelete