Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Risky business?

I mean research for new novels. What do we novelists do when we need to find out how to poison someone, steal a million dollars, organise a heist?

In the olden days, we'd have read newspaper reports, other people's books, and perhaps private diaries, if we'd managed to get hold of them. We didn't leave any evidence of our research, or at least not much evidence.

Nowadays, of course, we Google or Blackle or whatever, and we leave an electronic trail. I've recently been finding out about different kinds of poisoning, how to do it, how long it takes, if the stuff hangs around in the body, and all that kind of thing. I don't want to poison anyone. I'm going to use the results of my research in a novel, and that's it.

I just thought the world ought to know that now!

No comments:

Post a Comment