Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Life experience

It's always interesting to see what my creative writing students do in their real lives. At the moment, I have students who are lawyers, doctors, television scriptwriters, musicians, journalists and landscape gardeners, which all sound like really rewarding careers to me, but they all want to become novelists, too.

What is it about seeing your name on the spine of a book that is so attractive? I wish I knew, but I do remember carrying my first published novel around in my handbag and showing it to everyone I met.

2 comments:

  1. It is SO attractive, isn't it?

    I love your handbag story.I have to confess that I've been known to stand and look on the shelf in a bookshop and imagine what my book will look like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely seeing your name in print has to be one of the highlights. Perhaps, also the feeling that everyone has a novel in them? I certainly hope so. Welcome to blogland x

    ReplyDelete