Welcome!

I've set up this blog so that all my friends, relations and colleagues in the world of writing can keep up to speed with what I'm doing - from now on, I'll never have to say sorry for not keeping in touch.

Or anyway, that's the plan.

So do please link up with me on Facebook and Twitter - https://www.facebook.com/margaret.james.5268 and https://twitter.com/majanovelist

You can find my novels as digital downloads on Apple iTunes, Kobo, Kindle and Nook, and most are available as print paperbacks, too.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Money, money, money...

The UK results for public lending right payments to authors are on line for any authors who are due to receive payment to view today. When I first started writing, I didn't know about PLR, and since publishers and agents don't get a cut, they never seem to be in any rush to tell authors about it.

So don't let anything you're owed slip through your fingers. If you have published a book, and it's in UK libraries, register it for PLR. If you're not a member of the UK's Society of Authors, consider joining if only so that you get free membership of the Author's Licensing and Collecting Society, which will bring in money from sources such as Irish PLR and photocopying fees. If you don't think anyone ever photocopies your work, you might be in for a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment